Monday, March 15, 2010

J-O-B

"When it rains it pours..."

It could be worse and I won't complain about it but I now have a couple major decisions to make this afternoon. After accepting a position with the manufacturing company I originally came out here for I now have two interviews with international recruiting firms with offices in Melbourne. I have to make a decision this evening about which role suits me best. I'm not sure if recruiting is the path I want to go down but it's definitely worth exploring. The economy in Australia is strong and was never affected by the economic downturn. This means that the recruiting industry is also strong and there are some positive differences between the US and Australian market. I'm always hesitant because I started recruiting during the top of the US market and as they say; "what goes up must come down." I must have taken that change literally because I did end up Down Under!

The manufacturing position has its benefits and would provide insight into a rapidly growing business with upside potential. It is a completely different role and required that I start at the bottom and work my way up; "a foot in the door."

I'll give the interview a go this afternoon with the Recruiting agency and then hopefully I will have enough information and guidance to make a decision. Wish me luck!

Note: More exciting posts to come. I promise! St. Patrick's Day, The Gold Coast, and surfing adventures...using more Aussi terms like "How ya going mate?" "brekky" ...not serving drinks with ice, ever! and enjoying never seeing any American beers at the pubs :)

1 comment: