Since the first week of August the Surf Coast has been getting some amazing South and South West swells hitting its coast! The best part of the surf coast is it's many different facing beaches and reefs! You can basically drive 50 kilometers in either direction from Torquay and experience different winds, varrying wave sizes and tides all with one simple weekend swell. I'm slowly learning the right places to surf with ideal conditions (wind, swell direction, tides.) I'm currently riding an old school 5'8" single fin, pin tail board that rips and is ideal for 3 foot + waves, it's fun to say the least! The local surfers are very simple here. Drop in on a "bloke" and simply slide off the wave and go about your day. The surf edicate is friendly and helpful. I've met a few local Bells Beach and Winki rippers and they've given me the heads up on a quite a few solid, uncrowded breaks. Not the typical Venice Beach surf scene. I like it here! haha.
Here are a few pics of the weekend swell! It was awesome! This weekend is suppose to be another 2-3 feet bigger! Sounds like fun!
I tried to provide some perspective of the swell size. The first wave is about a 2 footer and the last one a 4 footer. We were surfing 4-5 footers all day Saturday!





Adios
No comments:
Post a Comment