Thursday, November 18, 2010

Australian TRAVELS!!

This post is coming to you live from the Melbourne International Aiport via Quantas and it's stellar $5/ hour internet access! I'm not going to take the time to edit my post so deal with the spelling errors or run on sentences! :)

I'm headed off to a village in the middle of the Australian desert near a place called Cotton Creek, Western Australia. I'm getting there via Perth via Newman then via a 5 hour road trip. The name of the village you ask? Doesn't have one! It's a tribal village with a population of about 200 native Australians. We are finishing up building the school village and it will definitely be a stellar experience!! I'm stoked! It will be in the mid 40's (90-110 degrees) and dry! I assume lots of red dirt and lots of nothing! Epic!

I'm going with a crew that has been over there for the last few months building. I'm the extra dude to help get the project wrapped up before Christmas and it gets even hotter! I've packed my carpentry hand tools and a few pairs of work shorts. My flight, room + board, food and return flight are all taken care of. They also are paying me a healthy wage! How good is that!?!?

I got my fill of waves this week with 2 surfs in on Wednesday and 1 on Thursday am with solid 4 footers rolling in. Bells centerside. Yeah, bells beach!

I've charged and packed my actual Nikon camera and will definitely have a heap of photos to post in roughly 2 weeks when I get back. I hope Victoria will have gotten over its bad weather habits and finally turned the corner into summer. Keep your fingers crossed!

I miss all of my family and friends and look forward to catching up soon!!!

Take care,

Saeth

2 comments: