It seems these days that work is the focus of life. That is fine. It's just an adjustment from living everyday to surf the stellar waves of So Cal’s beautiful coast! I do feel fortunate to have a job and it's creating opportunities that will be very beneficial when I get back to the states! I've actually adjusted well to waking up at 5am. Weird!
A lot has been going on since my last post and I have to apologize for not updating it with more exciting adventures. I could go into detail about work but I'll spare you the time and effort. :) Ha-ha
Easter Weekend: Trip to Surfer's Paradise, QLSD
It is the tourist trap of Australia. That is a good thing and bad thing. Mike and I have been fortunate to have local tour guides to take us around Melbourne and experience the city that tourist don't see. We stayed in the heart of the tourist area of Surfers. Please don't let the name fool you, it is surrounded by epic surf, just not actually in Surfers Paradise. Snapper Rocks is about 30 minutes south right but the airport. I got to see sets of 15 waves (yes, 15 actual waves at one time) rolling off the point as we took off back to Melbourne. That's okay. It was a virgin trip and now we know where to stay, play, and most importantly...surf!!! All in all it was a fun trip. Good food. Fun people. Plenty of rest and relaxation leading to reddish tinted skin.
Moving: This past weekend
Before I give you the 411 on the new apartment let me clear one thing up. Moving in Australia is a big pain. Only because the mix up with Foxtel (cable TV) lead to Saeth not watching the 2010 Masters Golf Tournament and witnessing Phil Mickelson tear the course up! I like that he takes the focus off of Tiger.
We spent the weekend moving into a 3 bedroom apartment 2 buildings down the street from our current location. Less noise, more space, better view and I actually will have a real big person bed tomorrow! It's a nice thought.
1/2 Marathon: Great Ocean Road 1/2 Marathon
Run Run Run! Mike and I are running the Great Ocean Road Marathon on May 15th. I've been running 5-10 kilometers 4-5 times a week throwing in some hill training, swimming and workouts in between. The next couple weeks we will be doubling the distance. Google the course incline sometime. I compare it to the PCH in Cali around Monterey. Lots of hills, plenty of wind and it's 1.5 miles longer than a regular 1/2 marathon. I guess if I can't surf I need something else to look forward to and that is staying in shape until I can surf again on a regular basis. :)
I will take some photos of the city and post them soon. (I know I say this at the end of most of my posts, but I really will try this time!)
That is all for now! I miss all of my family and friends in the states and look forward to catching up this winter....your summer!! Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey! I'm excited to see the photos! Good luck with the training...I think you'll really enjoy the race!
ReplyDeleteMiss ya!