Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Anzac Day/ Torquay?

This past weekend Australia dedicated a weekend of remembrance to its current and past war veterans. 40,000 people attended the 4am memorial service in Melbourne and thousands elsewhere attended services throughout Australia. They definitely take the time to appreciate the people that have and continue to provide them with their freedoms. I think I just realized now how often the memories of my grandfather's pop into my head. They were heroes in every sense of the word and I feel very blessed to have known and spent time with them!

Torquay?
Anzac Day also meant that this past Monday was a national Holiday (Anzac day was Sunday.) Mike and I made a trip over to Torquay and rented a cabin at a Holiday park right smack dap in the middle of the surf shopping center of town. Nice! No waves but we had one of the best weekends since hanging out in Australia and possibly the best weekends ever! All around stellar company and met some great people! We also spent the night in another little surf village called Ocean Grove which is on the list to crash next!

I received a package from home yesterday with Dunkin Doughnuts Coffee, Time magazines and dental floss. I could not have been more stoked! The simple things in life! Thanks mom and dad!

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment