Monday, May 17, 2010

1/2 Marathon Done!

Apollo Bay, VIC

It's done! I came in 453 out of about 1500 with a finish time of 1 hour and 53 minutes! Mike finished with a time of 2 hours and 8 minutes. The weather was stellar, company exceptional and scenery epic!! It felt like I was running down the PCH to snag some surf at staircase! Ha-ha!

It was a chilly morning because we arrived at the starting line 2 hours before the race. We had to catch a bus from Apollo Bay back to Kennett River (the course) and then just huddled around for warmth until about 7:45am. Mike and I were on the first bus that arrived so we snagged a standing spot next to a van that was selling coffee. It had a generator running inside and took advantage of the warmth! It was such a great experience and the past few months of training definitely proved to be a big endurance help! Looking forward to a couple weeks off from training and then possibly looking into another 1/2 in Perth! That is still up in the air but it might be neat!

Overall, another stellar weekend with great friends and good times! I will post some pictures shortly!
Adios
Saeth

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great work! Sounds like a beautiful course! I can't wait to see the photos! I'm going to start calling you "Speedy Gronzalez." Get it? :)

    ReplyDelete