Thursday, September 9, 2010

Back to Basics


Long overdue and much needed! I came out to Australia with goals and desires and shifted that towards having the opportunity to ride some stellar waves on the other side of the world and enjoy life. It's simple really, get a job, work, surf, play some guitar, surf more and have fun. I've some stellar surf at Winki, Juc, Birdrock, Southside Bells Beach, 13th Beach break, Torquay, and a couple more.
My awesome sister wants some pictures (who is pregnant, really pregnant, and due any moment.) I'm stoked. Uncle Saeth. Sounds about right. Sarah has requested pictures of anything throughout Australia. The $80 camera I bought off Craigslist, used, and 4 years ago isn't getting much use at the moment. It isn't broken and works fine I just don't take many pictures. Here are a few from the iPhone. Enjoy!

I'll try to update this blog on a more regular basis. My blog needs some Mylanta.

Pictures....


A stellar view of Melbourne while going over the Westgate Bridge (over the Yarra River.) The city weather changes more than Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota combined. It rains more as well and is finally getting gradually warmer! Still sporting a 4/3 and booties. No more hoodie


Another city view
Ditto


Winki surf beach, Jan Juc VicThe picture sucks but the surf speaks for itself! Thats a 2 footer. Imagine what the 6 footers looked like a couple weeks ago and a couple weeks before that! 10 foot faces! Perfect shoulders and they just peeled!!! Looking forward to some stellar offshore winds and good surf this weekend!




A random nude beach, pay attention to the rules! Just because your naked doesn't mean you can just do whatever you want.





Queenscliff, Victor looking out over the Bass Strait.


Long, shaggy hair

Ships come and go through roughly every 10-15 minutes, it's the entrance to the bay. Fun to sit and admire the ships. Fun place. Cheap Coffee. Excellent food





This is the sunset in Torquay Vic. I surf the area. About 7 minutes from Bells Beach. Lots of reef breaks







Sunset continued.


2 comments:

  1. Excellent! Love the pics...thanks for sharing!! Winki surf beach looks amazing...I could probably spend all day watching the surfers! Also, the nude beach is hilarious. I'm going to assume you just happened upon the sign ;).

    Thanks for sharing! Keep 'em coming! Great work on the sunset photos.

    Love and miss you tons,
    Your very preggo sista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, everything looks great. Seems like a mellow place.

    ReplyDelete